As of 9/20/2011 you can call me Preacher Boren.
That's right, you heard (well read) it correctly, I am now a 100% official, card-carrying, ordained member of the esteemed clergy of the Universal Life Church.
Admit it, you're jealous, aren't you?
You might find yourself asking why I have chosen to make an addition to my ever-growing lifelong list of titles.
Daughter
Granddaughter
Niece
Sister
Friend
Wife
Aunt
Mommy
and now... PREACHER!
I think Preacher has a nice ring to it, don't you? I thought long and hard about whether I wanted to be Reverend, Pastor or Preacher, but as my mom pointed out, I am not very reverent and I really do enjoying preaching AT people instead of talking TO them, so Preacher it is.
To make things even more exciting, I will be the official officiant officiating a wedding in 2012 for two of my dearest friends.
How cool is that?
With more than a few ugly dresses in my closet from past vow witnessing (one of them a truly lovely clover green maternity number), I'm not quite at 27 dresses status, but I'm definitely getting close.
In a move that shocked, surprised and touched me, I was asked to perform a wedding ceremony.
Sorry to any of my past friends whose wedding I stood up in and to anyone who asks me to stand up for you in the future. You'll never be able to beat this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment