We had a silly scare this morning that started out frightening and ended up being funny.
Tuesdays are one of my days to work in Austin, and hubby watches the girls. Today was the first day he had to get G off to preschool on his own. I made a deal with him that I would pack her lunch this morning if he would make me some coffee for my drive in to work. (I don't know why, but I HATE making coffee).
I knew he would be fine this morning: I had made her lunch, last night I laid out her clothes and we had a practice hair styling session where he surprised me with his ponytail skills. (He must have been practicing since the day I came home and G told me, "Daddy tried to fix my hair and got SO FRUSERATED today.")
Anyways, about 9:30, I received a call from an unknown 512 number. I answered and it was hubby.
M: "I'm calling you from the teacher's phone."
A: "Is everything okay?"
M: "Not really. I f-ed something up bad."
A: "uhhhh???"
M: "I dropped G at school, got R back in the car, started it and went around to my door and it was locked. R is in the running car and it's locked."
A: "Is the AC on?"
M: "Yes, but my wallet, cell phone and everything else is inside. R is asleep."
A: "Okay, I'll call the insurance, they reimburse for a locksmith and that will be faster than me driving back down there. Stay with the car."
M: "I will."
We hang up and the phone rings 30 seconds later. It's hubby again.
M: "Nevermind. Her door was unlocked, even though the other doors were all locked. I'm going home now."
A: (trying not to laugh) "Okay, love you."
Sometimes even the most laid-back, levelheaded ones need to remember to breathe.
Whew...so glad that all went well, and resolved faster than expected!! Boy, as parents, we can all relate to SOMETHING like that happening to us, right? Thanks for sharing, and reminding us we're ALL human...
ReplyDelete-Sherry